I am back, as promised, to write about how great and wonderful my other two kids are 🙂 I am so proud of both kids!
My Little Lady
- Was 1 of 5 kids chosen, in her class of 25, to participate in the Science Fair at school! She recited her line to the judges and a handful of cameras perfectly with little hesitation! Their team recieved 3rd place.
- Has been chosen to represent her preschool class in the Spelling Bee at the end of the month (1 of 3 out of the class of 25). She will compete with other kids representing their preschool classes in other area schools! She has learned to spell 30 words in English for the big event! Pretty good for a 4 year old 🙂
- Has memorized 11 verses from the Quran, and continues to memorize more each week! Mashallah (May God Bless her)!
- Has learned to read and write the entire English alphabet and Arabic Alphabet, and she is starting to put letters together to form words in both languages.
- Her Arabic has picked up and she is speaking Arabic well with her friends and family.
- Loves to do her homework.
- Is a wonderful helper around the home and sets a good example for the younger kids.
- Loves her baby brother soooooo much, a true blessing to watch them interact!
- Loves her middle brother, and plays with him well.
My Little Man
- Anything he wants to learn, he learns quickly, and does exceptionally well. Mashallah (May God Bless him).
- Continues to be very athletic. He is currently working on his golf swing…watch out Tiger!
- Has a sense for numbers. The other day he told me that there are 3 people in the room (Mom, O, and A) but there were 5 people in the room (and he named all 5), he continued to explain that 2 of them left so now there are 3 people….this is just one example of how he thinks (this Mom is impressed).
- Has a sense of space. His new favorite activity is putting together puzzles, especially ‘tricky puzzles’ which are 25 peice puzzles without borders. He does so with little need for help and doesn’t get frustrated.
- Has learned how to write his name, in English.
- Has learned to be a good listener and how to respect those around him.
- Has a great sense of humor! How quickly he can come up with jokes or understand a joke always impresses me.
- Helps Mom and Dad around the house, and it so proud when he picks up his trucks and cleans his room!
- Loves his baby brother and takes good care of him.
- Loves his sister and plays well with her.
Alhumdillah, God has blessed our family with 3 wonderful children. As a parent, it is so much fun to watch them grow and develop their own strengths and to help them work on their lesser strengths. I cannot be happier with my decision to stay home to watch them grow, and help them transition from wonderful babies, into little people, and eventually into wonderful adults – inshallah (God Willing)!